You know. That season. The Season. The Season where half of your extended family gets a new electronic gadget from that man. The half of your family which happens to be technologically illiterate.
Well, help is at hand.
Are you tired of cheerfully helping fix their problems, even as you wish a painful venereal disease upon them behind clenched teeth?
Have you been looking for a way to aggressively passively-aggressively assert yourself in a charming manner?
Well, look no farther, good Hacker!
From me, to you, comes this delightful mashup of the infamous Keep Calm and Carry On poster. Available you today, for free. You can download it from here, now, in A3 size, under a permissive Creative Commons license that allows you to share and edit the poster.
Or if you so wish, you can purchase a high-quality printed version from me for €5. €2 will go toward the cost of printing, and the other €3 will go straight into the kitty at 091 Labs for our Christmas party fund. Delivery will be on December 16. Please contact me directly if you want a print.
Galway-based hacker and creative workspace, 091 Labs, will be hosting a photowalk and digital processing workshop at our Workspace on Saturday September 11, 2010. Our (well…my) general plan for the day is as follows:
- 10am: We all meet up at the 091 Labs workspace at Exchange House on Fairgreen Road and swap introductions.
- 10:30am-11am: Move out and begin our walk around the city and Claddagh beachfront.
- 2pm: Return to the workspace for lunch (we have plenty of eateries around the area).
- 3pm-6pm: Digital processing and photographic technique workshops. I need you for these.
Some of the details of the day are still up in the air; I would like anyone interested in holding a 15-30 minute workshop to contact me directly within the next week to suggest yours. Anything photography-related is welcome: Share your business tips, workflow advice, shooting techniques or even a regale us with a suitably entertaining rant. The Labs’ workspace features a secure lockup, copious bandwidth, an abundance or comfortable chairs and plenty of sockets; with that in mind I encourage those interested to bring along their laptop or Netbook to work from.
You can grab an ICS calendar event to add to your Outlook, iCal or Google Calendar from here.
I’ve been polling interest among Irish photographers for an 091 Labs-sponsored Galway photowalk after discovering that there is a very strong interest within the Labs for us to hold one. Out of consideration for other big photographic events going on throughout August, I am looking at maybe the middle of September as the day for this.
To quote directly from my Boards.ie post:
Since I’ve joined 091 Labs in Galway City, I’ve discovered that there is a strong internal interest in hosting a Galway City photowalk. I’d also like to submit that I could also offer a space, equipment and bandwidth for a on-that-day Photoshop symposium and all-around digital processing get-together. The workspace is at the Fairgreen and immediately adjacent to both of Galway’s bus and train terminals – we’re next door to one and across the road from the other. Cute bullet-point list of what I’m proposing:
- The People’s Photography is on in two weeks, and it wouldn’t be fair to schedule another event for the week before or after. I’m tentatively offering up Saturday September 11 as the date for this photowalk.
- The photowalk route would just be your typical wander around Galway’s city center.
- 091 Labs is around the corner from the fabulous Radisson Blu hotel on Lough Atalia road. If there is sufficient I’ll inquire about discounted rates.
- In addition to the photowalk we have a great, well-equipped computer workspace with projectors and lots of bandwith. I think a digital processing sharing session on the same day/weekend would be a great thing.
- Share your workflow, tips, tricks and techniques.
- Pub afterwards.