By Mark on .
I’ve been polling interest among Irish photographers for an 091 Labs-sponsored Galway photowalk after discovering that there is a very strong interest within the Labs for us to hold one. Out of consideration for other big photographic events going on throughout August, I am looking at maybe the middle of September as the day for this.
To quote directly from my Boards.ie post:
Since I’ve joined 091 Labs in Galway City, I’ve discovered that there is a strong internal interest in hosting a Galway City photowalk. I’d also like to submit that I could also offer a space, equipment and bandwidth for a on-that-day Photoshop symposium and all-around digital processing get-together. The workspace is at the Fairgreen and immediately adjacent to both of Galway’s bus and train terminals – we’re next door to one and across the road from the other. Cute bullet-point list of what I’m proposing:
- The People’s Photography is on in two weeks, and it wouldn’t be fair to schedule another event for the week before or after. I’m tentatively offering up Saturday September 11 as the date for this photowalk.
- The photowalk route would just be your typical wander around Galway’s city center.
- 091 Labs is around the corner from the fabulous Radisson Blu hotel on Lough Atalia road. If there is sufficient I’ll inquire about discounted rates.
- In addition to the photowalk we have a great, well-equipped computer workspace with projectors and lots of bandwith. I think a digital processing sharing session on the same day/weekend would be a great thing.
- Share your workflow, tips, tricks and techniques.
- Pub afterwards.