I had several people contact me since posting late last week about our upcoming Python and Linux classes, members of 091 Labs and non-members alike.
The members pointed out to me that I had not left much time between making the classes public and the actual beginning of the classes. When talking to others over the weekend, they were surprised to learn that they too had to sign up on the Eventbrites even if they were planning to pay on the day. This rapidly explained the perceived lack of interest by the members!
Members of the public also contacted me saying that their funds in January were still in rather short supply and they would have attended if it had started a few weeks later. Some asked if they could sign up as members of the Labs on the day and get the member discount for the two classes (which is a yes).
So to clarify:
- Python classes that were to start on the 22nd of January have been postponed two weeks until the 5th of February. Classes run 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th.
- Linux classes that were to start on the 23rd of January have been postponed two weeks until the 6th of February. Classes run 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th.
- Saturday classes starting on the 9th of February are unaffected and continue at 2pm-4pm for Python and 5pm-7pm for Linux.
- To let us have an idea of numbers in advance and avoid confusion on the door, people who wish to attend should please sign up on the appropriate Eventbrite. I have made a ticket option for those who wish to pay on the door.
- And yes, you can join the Labs on the day to get the member discount.
I’d also like to say thanks and sorry to all those that have so far promoted the classes for us. I hope that these changes won’t stop you from promoting future Labs events! =)
Link to the blog post with class details: http://091labs.com/2013/01/upcoming-linux-and-python-intro-courses/
Python Eventbrite: http://www.eventbrite.ie/event/5247276746
Linux Eventbrite: http://www.eventbrite.ie/event/5254761132