Upcoming Linux and Python intro courses
By Padraic on .
Starting next week are a series of 4 introductory classes in both Linux and Python. Due to the many requests we’ve received over the last year, we’re going to try an experiment with these. Attendees are given the option of choosing one of three time tracks to attend for either and that is the time they attend every week. More info on the classes below
The price for attending is €5 per class for 091 Labs members (€20) and €10 per class for the Public (€40) paid in advance online or at the first class. Links to the various Eventbrites below.
Intro to Python
What you will learn
Start with the basics of programming and how they are dealt with in Python3, moving through functions, data structures, and classes before explaining correct code style. Then stepping into more advanced topics of data handling and files, using the underlying operating system. Following that we’re delve into some functional programming, packaging and installing programs, and some basic server and web templating.
- Tuesdays from 1pm – 3pm weekly from February 5th (5th, 12th, 19th, 26th) – dates changed to February as per update below
- Tuesdays from 7pm – 9pm weekly from February 5th (5th, 12th, 19th, 26th) – dates changed to February as per update below
- Saturdays from 2pm – 4pm weekly from February 9th (9th, 16th, 23rd, 2nd)
Intro to Linux
What you will learn
What Linux is and how to interact with it in a more in depth nature. We’ll bring you from installation through the structure of Linux, to command line and manipulating data, then user and group management to remote access.
- Wednesdays from 1pm – 3pm weekly from February 6th (6th, 13th, 20th, 27th) – dates changed to February as per update below
- Wednesdays from 7pm – 9pm weekly from February 6th (6th, 13th, 20th, 27th) – dates changed to February as per update below
- Saturdays from 5pm – 7pm weekly from February 9th (9th, 16th, 23rd, 2nd)
1: Just made a correction to the blog post. The Saturday classes of Python are from 2pm to 4pm and the Linux from 5pm to 7pm. Many thanks to Alan for noticing the error!
2: We’ve just reschedule the weekday classes by two weeks. Details on this blog post