DIY Home Automation talk – Tuesday March 6th at 7pm
Next week, Gerry Kavanagh will be in to talk about DIY Home Automation with Open Source Software.
If you’ve ever wondered how to control, monitor and fine-tune the processes in your house, then I can’t recommend this talk to you enough!
- Learn how to control your home via your PC – Interface Linux with X10 Home Automation Controllers
- Learn about the various types of controller that are available (Lighting, Heating, Sensors etc)
- Interacting with the control system – Web GUIs, CLIs and Mobile Interfaces (SMS)
- See a real-world example (Custom written heating control system using Text Messaging)
- Get the source to the above tool!
The talk will be held on Tuesday, March 6th at 7pm. There’ll be a charge of €5 for non-members with all proceeds going towards the continued running of the Labs.