3Dcamp, the “un-conference Barcamp which looks at The Internet Beyond Web 2.0″, will be running on Saturday June 11th in the University of Limerick. Areas of interest include:
- 3D visualizations (Blender, Sketchup),
- Gestural Interfaces (Kinect)
- Mapping mashups, GPS,
- Location based Services (LBSs),
- Haptics and augmented toys (eg. Wiimote hacks),
- Augmented reality
- Virtual worlds (Second Life, the Metaverse),
- Mirror worlds (Google Earth and Virtual Earth),
- Interactive art installations
- …and all things 3D.
There will be plenty of hacking-related talks and workshops this year on subjects such as “Tracking objects in 3D space” by Jeffrey Roe of TOG hackerspace in Dublin, “Escapism, Pedal Through Google Streetview On A Stationary Bike”, by Lette Moloney, and “How I built a Sheep Herding Robot” by Niall Dempsey. Registration is from 9am, with specific building details to follow. Attendance is free and all are welcome to the event.
You can keep up to date with all the latest details at: http://3dcamp.barcamp.ie/